Board & Train
Let a professional do the work for you! Your dog will learn more quickly with intensive daily training. You can relax knowing that he is receiving the best of care while you take a break from the stress of puppy wrangling or getting pulled down the sidewalk. Also a great alternative to traditional boarding or pet-sitting - your dog can learn and play while you're on vacation!
How It Works
"I am continuing to have her work with Luki once a month in her board and training program in Winters because she has become like family, and is such an integral part of Luki's life. She's gone from Juniper to Auntie Juniper, and it's because of the personal nature of her approach to training. You can see she really loves what she does, and is really focused on what is best for your dog." -Ronelle S.
- We'll meet for an Assessment first, to discuss your goals and the training needed to get there.
- Drop off your dog along with food, bed, toys, etc.
- Your dog will be living in my home, treated as one of my own dogs.
- He'll receive 1 hour of intensive training each day, along with practicing house manners, plenty of social time, and exercise.
- Notes are emailed to you each evening so you can follow along with your dog's progress.
- When you pick up your dog, you'll get a 75 minute Private Lesson so that you know how to keep your dog's training strong.
- Follow up lessons are encouraged to help keep you on track. Remember that training is a long-term endeavor; if you do not follow the instructions and continue to work with your dog, his skills will regress and previous problems will resurface.
- Includes lifetime support by e-mail or phone.
The Board & Train program is individualized to every dog's and owner's needs. Some common examples are:
- Basic obedience and house manners (see sample package below).
- Advanced manners and self-control (see sample below).
- Reactivity to other dogs, people, or noises.
- Fixing handling or grooming issues.
- Confidence building for shy dogs.
- Tricks to work your dog's brain.
- Foundation sports training such as competition obedience, rally o, rally-free, agility, and K9 nose work.
Advanced Manners (2 weeks)
Recommended for dogs who have the basics down at home, but need extra help with self-control and working around distractions. Later lessons will include trips to local parks, pet stores, and other pet-friendly locations for serious distraction training.
- Focus in public
- Self-control exercises
- Working around difficult distractions
Basic Manners Package (3 weeks)
Recommended for puppies and recently adopted dogs. Your dog will be taken through foundation training and learn to perform around other dogs, people, and distractions such as food on the floor.
- Obedience: sit, down, stay, come, leash walking, drop it, leave it, go to mat, calm handling, wait at door
- House manners: potty training, crate training, chew training, not jumping